The International House - Barcelona has earned a great deal of prestige over the last three decades as a Spanish school and teacher training centre. The School is located in the centre of Barcelona and occupies an elegant 6 story building of typical Barcelona architecture. In addition to its 40 spacious classrooms, the school has an Internet room, a library and a study hall, a bar and a terrace. We can also accommodate physically handicapped students.
The IH Barcelona offers a wide range of courses and accommodation options to meet all the needs and interests of our students. In addition, the extensive social and cultural programme we propose is indeed complete and is included in the price of the course. Among other activities, we also offer the student guided tours of the many places of interest in Barcelona.
At the IH Barcelona, we also teach English, French and German to Spanish students. Thus, our international students have the opportunity of getting to know Spaniards in the school and we encourage linguistic exchanges among them.
We have obtained a variety of distinctions from national and international institutions and we periodically undergo quality controls with excellent results, but our best achievement is really the messages of gratitude we receive from our students, such as the following:
“I wish to thank all of you for your collaboration andyour hard work. We continue to receive excellent reports from our clients”.
Statements like this, from our representatives abroad, help us to continue to achieve a level of satisfaction which exceeds all our clients’ expectations.
- Intensive courses: 20 hours a week.
- Preparatory courses for the DELE examination.
- Courses in Business Spanish.
- “Executive Plus” course.
- Summer course for young people: (13-17 years of age)
- Courses for older people: (+ 50 years)
- Courses on Spanish conversation and culture.
- Private classes.
- Course with internships.
- Extensive Spanish courses.
- Courses made-to-order for special groups.
- Spanish courses via Internet.
- Courses combined with other cities.
- Training courses for Spanish teachers.
• With a family, accommodation and breakfast.
• With a family, accommodation and half board.
• With an “executive” family, accommodation and breakfast.
• With an “executive” family, accommodation and half board.
• In a student residence, accommodation and breakfast.
• In a student residence, accommodation and half board.
• In an exclusive student residence, accommodation and breakfast.
• In an exclusive student residence, accommodation and half board.
• A room in a flat shared with other students.
• A furnished one room flat.
• A furnished flat with two or three rooms.
We offer excursions to places of interest in Barcelona, such as: • The Modernism route • La Pedrera • Roman Barcelona: The City History Museum • Güell Park • The Picasso Museum • The Miró Foundation • La Sagrada Familia church.
We also offer full day excursions on Saturday, such as: • The Cavas Codorniu Cellars (Sant Sadurní d’Anoia) • Montserrat • Sitges • Figueres • The Gala-Dalí Museum Foundation • Cadaqués • Gerona.
We also organise: • Video films in Spanish followed by the pertinent discussion.
No. of Classrooms: 40
No. of Levels: 10
Minimum Age: 16
Lessons per week: 20
Minutes per lesson: 55
No. of students per class: 10
Good school, excellent courses, great teachers, lots of student involvement, lots of work from you... Whether you want to study English, Spanish, German or French, we'll get you where you need to be, faster.